Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

We began the late screening of P&P last night at 11.... things have changed around here.
There is an adorable dictator who controls the schedule...
Anyhoo
It was a good movie. We decided we could never watch it in the theater, as we have to pause it 4000 times and assess what is going on. Austen ebonics can challenge even the greatest thinkers, and, folks, we ain't the greatest thinkers.
But it was great and such a sweet ending... you'd never guess, but the guy gets the girl and so on.

Tonight is Natalie's birthday. We will be leaving Toby for the first time ever for 2-3 hours. I have a very nervous stomach already. BUT he doesn't need to be in a crowd, and besides, it's a costume party. I did toy with the idea of being Mary and he could be baby Jesus... but, not so much.

So, there you go.

17 comments:

jess said...

Josh
There was a link that was too long
Richys Blog: the substance of Heaven
When I shortened it in the html, the sidebar came back up

Beth said...

hey jess

we love you too!!

8)

thanks for posting

BethC said...

party for Natalie's Bday
(it's Sandra L.'s Bday too)
Tobes stayin with a lovin Gma.

Isaac is 2 days now and we so dig each other.....
John reportin to Rehab today (leaves ICU) Incredibal progress!
Andy&I goin to pack some clothes stuff right now...he's so pumped bout gettin to wear clothes...amazin how we need these basic comforts...Val & son stayin with him as much as possible.
blessins

Josh said...

Yo Yo,
Good afternooner peoples!
We slept in this morning, maybe for the last Saturday for a while. = )

Watched the video of our baby shower we just got from Shannon's mom.

Late showers

Now lunch- leftover Papa John's Pizza, it's better the second time around!

Gonna do a load or two of laundry.
In between we'll go grocery shopping so I can help Shannon.

Maybe some cards this evening, or we may go see Ice Age 2.

Listening to some KJ-52 tunes right now:
"I once was lost, but You found me, loved me, and I'm never gonna look away. . no I'm never goona look away. You paid the cost, You showed me how You love me, and I'm never gonna look away. . no I'm never gonna look away."

Keep your eyes on Jesus. . never look away!

Josh said...

Just came back. Monop is on for Wednesday. Do you mean, what about playing today?

Josh said...

Maybe so, asking Shannon. Just you and clammy?

Josh said...

We'll see who gets the whuppin!

Shannon isn't up for it, she really tired (and we slept in). The end of pregnancy does that to you. She'll talk on the phone, but doesn't feel like having to think about the game, but she wants me to have fun playing.

So the three of us, how about it?

Need ta go put some laundry in, and then I'll call you, if you say yeppers.

Josh said...

She also may want to take a nap and doesn't want to have to quit in the middle.

Josh said...

I was thinking I'll just call on my cell phone, which has speaker phone. That way it's real time, unless you want to have the real online experiance and not use a phone. In that case, chatting would be faster than blogging since you have to refresh all the time.

Josh said...

I'll call 30 minutes from when you said, and we'll just talk about it then.

Mama PC said...

can others get into the mono game??? i'm trying to rest and just do something fun...and not thinking too much.....

i hate the actual board game - but may like playing online - and with smart characters like yourselves...
doing laundry too!!!

Josh said...

You have to have the CD ROM game in order to link up online to play. Do you have the game?

Josh said...

That would be fun to have you in on it! Maybe some others should get the game and then we could have some blog game tournaments. We also have Scrabble that can do internet play.

Mama PC said...

i'm not sure, we have a bunch of stuff, but not sure about this..... so, i suppose i'll have to forfeit this wonderful experience.....

too bad.....

shannon will pop any moment now..... i voted for the baby coming a bit early..... she just looks SO ready to pop!!!

Mama PC said...

ok, sonshine...

Mama PC said...

My kids had a blast (and I did watching them) getting dressed up for the costume party...

Hannah dressed up like Jeremiah
and Jeremiah was to be Hannah...

They wore each other's clothes...and Hannah drew a goatee on her chin...wore his glasses and chains/watch/shoes..... the only problem was - she was a shrunken J...

Jeremiah's carriage of H's purse pulled his outfit all together......then, when Lindsey fixed his hair.....well, he was definitely a tall version of H.Bee.

Lindsey WAS going to be a lizzard, using a paper mache lizzard head J had made in art class, but it was too heavy.....then, we found a santa hat...and suddenly she was transformed into an ELF!!!

It makes this momma's heart glad when her children are laughing together...... I love my babies...
Can't believe that just yesterday I was as big as Shannon (just not as tall) and expecting my first baby....(20 days past due date!)... and now....

***POOF***

THEY'RE ALL YOUNG ADULTS!!! I'll miss them when they all move out...

Mama PC said...

how did the M game go, guys???

Jess, how did your evening out go without Toby???

Did someone near rent P & p and is it available Sunday night for me to watch???