Wednesday, April 12, 2006

in honor of Guys Day


AC Slater... a man's man


Ladies: zippppp till noon

77 comments:

jess said...

permission to speak

jess said...

I just wanted to say LOL

jess said...

richy is sick and asleep
Solly Challie

Josh said...

I only watched SBTB a hand full of times, but Slatter seemed to be a deceitful, selfish, stuck on himself, jerk, who would whimly admit his wrong doing after being seen for the scoundrel that he was.

What about doing the right thing even if it means being seen with the geek, putting others first, taking the hit for the little guy, giving for others – not for what you may gain in return!

jess said...

I haven't heard it changed... so I'd say yep

Josh said...

Jess- you now have permission to be shut your trap.

jess said...

I would just like to say that I have only spoken when given permission so be shut yer own trap
that is all

Josh said...

This is for real, I really hurt my back yesterday. The crazy thing is I wasn’t doing anything. Just sitting there working, got up to do something and mid-stride my lower back started hurting bad. I wanted to see if it got better over night, but now I can’t move my left leg without bad pain in my lower back. I can hardly bend over or turn, walking hurts, and even sitting here hurts pretty bad. I’ve had bad lower back issue before. We’re gonna get me in to Shannon’s chiropractor ASAP.

This isn’t good with Shannon’s labor being imminent because, with home birth, the husband is the main support person, so I need to be free to move around, bend over, help Shannon walk around, etc. . . and the whole helping take care of the baby afterwards. So, please pray for my pain and my visit to the chiro, he’s a Christian and really know what he’s doing, but a divine touch will help for sure!

Josh said...

Jess- I know you follow the rules, and we gents appreciate it. Just rousing you up a bit.

jess said...

permission to speak

Josh said...

Washington was for sure a man’s man. When I had to commute to Seattle for six weeks, I listened to two books on CD about the America Revolution. It went from when things first started, through the signing of the Declaration of Independence, all the way through Washington leading the armies, to the end of the war. They both were really good. Washington was a strong, gentle man. He often internally doubted his own ability, but always would rise to the occasion when called to fight and serve.

jess said...

in case you all are feeling bad like I am crying myself in to throwing up, I'm ok... I knew the little twerp was kidding.
Now, post some more funny stuff

Josh said...

Bummer, I was imagining a tissue box emptied and your toilet flushed 5 times by now from the throw up episodes. I guess I’ll have to try harder next time.

Josh said...

Sorry to hear that BD. Sounds similar to what Toby had last week. Praying for healing.

I have a chiro appt at 9:45 PST.

I searched my usual resources for a funny news story, but don’t find any. It’s hard to think of funny stuff when I’m in pain. . . it’s hard to work while in pain even.

jess said...

hey catboy
you sound like your mom

jess said...

OH man! Today was cracking me up... the outrage at me calling Slater a man's man...
I have to tell ya, the adolescent me found AC Slater quite the stud. And I don't think I was alone....
nowhere NEAR Zach Morris, mind you
but still a stud

jess said...

I stand corrected. Now Josey Wales, whoever the heck that is.. must be a MAN'S man

jess said...

ahh, clint eastwood. Yeah, ok.
What about Jeff Probst? Now, there's a manly man...

jess said...

okay, enough holding out for maybe eating in town... must eat here or perish

jess said...

see, me? I watch extreme makeover home edition
stuff like that

Beth said...

i can't really see any game show host as manly.....the two don't really work together for me...nice, good speaker, but manly doesn't really cut it

Beth said...

fifty
frist!
does that count?

jess said...

yeah, I was kidding about ol Jeff

jess said...

Hey - did you take Eli in?

Beth said...

oh good, i'm glad you were kidding...i was worried

jess said...

no, that's from when we were in Colorado... a little FunCity type place, only fun

jess said...

I guess I should clean my house. Sheesh.

Shannon2-24 said...

: ( Hoping Eli is better soon.. & you both (BD & D'Ana) can rest in heart

Shannon2-24 said...

I just found this poem on someone's blog.. she had seen it in a poetry book when back in high school.

Being content & thankful is THA BEST!! : D

****************************
“Wishes” by A. C. Child

Some may wish for city streets, jewels or silken gown;
Some may crave unbounded wealth, fame or beauty’s crown;
Some may long for sunny paths that lure the pleasure bent--
But simpler things by far than these would keep my soul content.
A bit of God’s green country, with the blue sky overhead;
A tiny shack, white curtained; on the sill a posy red;
A laughing chubby baby, playing inside on the floor,
And a little flower garden, growing near the open door.
A table set for supper, fresh fruit and honeycomb,
Little breezes whispering,
“Your man’s acomin’ home.”
Simple things, with love and faith--far from worldly strife,
God granting these, before I die, I’d ask no more of life.

Shannon2-24 said...

& for Servant.. the author of that poem must have hated being hot when young : ) grin

jess said...

also you can steam him... sit in the bathroom with the hot shower running and let him get all that steam
And we got baby vapor rub and it seemed to help
He should sleep on an incline, it makes breathing easier...
what else....
Cool mist humidifier- although ours is questionable, R1 says our room is way more humid with it, so maybe so...

jess said...

the nurse told us to let him sleep in his car seat right near the humidifier... we didn't have to because by that time he was breathing better

jess said...

i know a couple red-headed stepchildren....

jess said...

hey servant
are your recipes secret?

jess said...

I'd like to try to make the cc nut cookies you made for me

jess said...

the ones I know received just the average number of beatings...


I am currently raising a redhead myself and I will give him cookies once he has teeth and such...

jess said...

nope... just, you know, the dial with 350 and whatnot

jess said...

see, this is the kinda stuff I need to know because my cookies are always weird

jess said...

gracias, hermano
once I have amassed the ingredients I will try them

I have another cooking question
I want to grill chicken quarters on our BBQ grill. I won't ask R1 because he is sick and he will tell me not to try it. But I wanna!

anyhoo
We have a charcoal grill and charcoal that does NOT need lighter fluid as Daniel found out.
How much charcoal do I put in there, what should it look like before I put the chicken on there... how long should I cook it and so on....

jess said...

oh and also - what am I doing wrong if my cookies are always fluffy and a little dry?

jess said...

It's quarters... the drumstick and thigh with the bones...

Georgia said...

For some strange reason I never did think the red-headed stepchild allusion was very funny.

Josh said...

Howdy Georgia,
Did you enjoy your peaceful eating of the JITB tacos, knowing I wasn’t lurking with a paintball gun aimed at you?

jess said...

G! You know some of the same RHSC....

jess said...

What I never found funny was the whole pointy-eared extraterrestrial stepchild comments. I mean, come on!

jess said...

Very helpful, Servant.Thx!

Josh said...

Jess- you having some gender confussion issues we need to pray about? I mean, grills are meant for your type.

Josh said...

Those are good instructions, Servant. If you follow them, it should come out pretty good. BBQ chicken on a charcoal grill is delicious!

jess said...

well, Josh, I've been in the kitchen barefoot all this time... and pregnant...
so I'm just now venturing to the outdoors...
It's okay if I come out of the kitchen, right?

Josh said...

Yep, you can come out of the kitchen. Actually, I think it's cool that you're wanting to try grilling. Not what I would expect from you, so go for it. . try new things!

Josh said...

If you wanna know, I have an inflamed disc in my low back. I got some therapy this AM, and he gave me exercises to do to get it under control. If it doesn’t improve in 3 days, and MRI will be ordered to check the damage.

Josh said...

I just mean that I know you usually don’t like stuff like fire and smoke and getting dirty (you may get black stuff from the charcoal on your hands). It should be fun, if you give it the ol “college try”.

jess said...

yikes. that sounds painful

jess said...

yeah... I'm getting a little braver. well, guess I'm going to go do stuff with fire and such. I'll be back

Josh said...

It is very painful, almost every movement hurts right now, but it did get better after my appointment. He isn’t one of those, rack’em and crack’em chiros, he is very good and knows what he’s doing. He’s really helped Shannon’s issues a lot.

Josh said...

Naw man, we're still on for my Monopoly to be built over you 5! I just have to break up sitting for too long. Have to stand and move around every now and then, then do my exercises every hour.

Thanks for praying for me.

Mama PC said...

on my way home, i felt impressed to go check on jess ....... yes, i was driving home on these little country roads.......and thought...... i think i'll go check on jess - see if she needs anything, see what's she's up to......

but, nah....... i drove on into my own driveway......came on in to check the mail and blog, etc......

but, now, after reading a bit.... i realize i shouldda gone on down to Radiantville with fire extinguisher in hand!!!!!!!!!

Mama PC said...

take care of yo self josharooni..... yo lady needs you strong! papa jc used to get those back problems all the time - too much laundry and such..too much moving things around with not enough actual back and abdomen strengthening exercise...

how many days til due date? what does doc/midwife say?

Mama PC said...

i just read and viewed it.....

looks G R E A T !!!

Mama PC said...

mmmmmmm, i smell the smell of barbequed chicken.......

(clarkes live only 3/4 mile up the street, and the wind is blowing this way...)

Josh said...

Juat 5 days till due date!!!!

Shannon is at the midwife for check-up as I type. This is the first appt I've missed. It's not because my back, it just didn't work out for me to be there.

Mama PC said...

there seems to be a dark cloud over my place right now......and i'm smelling burning fowl.....

jess said...

man! i am so frustrated. i put the coals in, and poured the lighter fluid (different coals than I thought)
and they flame up and then one minute later everything is just sitting there not even hot

Mama PC said...

servant - what about joann's fabrics? do they have leather in big sheets? they're having 30% goob (going out of business) sale...

anyone else have any ideas of where to get leather to make 30 3-inch diameter medallion-type pieces???

i've been known (when i want to get a lot of any one item) to coordinate between Michael's or Hobby Lobby's - or, to have John drive by one or two OTHER stores to buy the same items that i have selected here close to home......

pick out what you like and have the manager hold them and have the manager call the other stores to see how many pkgs they have, etc.....and we'll have someone go pick them up...... john or hannah or jeremiah or whoever lives close...... i liked those brown ones we saw at H.Lobby...

any more ideas?

Mama PC said...

jess - i've never had luck with ccoal either..

i think you have to let the lighter fluid soak in.....for a while.......

Mama PC said...

requirt???

Mama PC said...

i'm semi-grieving over the goob sale at Joann's Fabrics..... i don't go there often, but when i need fab for costumes annually, THAT is where i like to go......
boo hoo.....

i hear fire trucks in the distance......

Mama PC said...

it's 5:15 and i'm gonna hit the sack......

i know it's too early for a bedtime, but i'm sl sleepy ..... and i haven't been getting enough hours at night....... so, maybe, with care, everyone will come home quietly tonight and not wake me up!



N
O
T

never happens like that!

anyway - if i don't go on to bed now, i'll fall alseep here (aka nap) then wake up and not be albe to go to sleep at 9 p.m.

ooooh, i just saw a fire engine drive down the street with the lights flashing and the sirens on!!!!!!!


yawn......

good night......all....... God bless you all......

especially clarkeville.....

jess said...

ahhh LIBERALLY
I'm in bizness

jess said...

my chicken was delish... I am now a griller
I grill

Josh said...

We just finished a 5 hour online Monopoly game. Servant came out on top with all properties and a couple thousand in cash. Total net worth= $12,600.
Bankruptcies were in order of:
Jere
Mere
Shannon
Josharoo
Happy Clam

All the TX folk were at Jere & Mere’s place. We had a good time! Good laughs!

Josh said...

Jess- that’s great that the chicken was good, you now wear the hat of Griller. . . congratulations.

Josh said...

LSAT

Viking Granny!!!! said...

Hey everyone.........

Good Morning

I need your help.

Will you please send emails and make phone calls to everyone you can think of that might be interested?

Cashier 19 hours a week, $7 per hour.

Warehouse aid 19 hours a week, $7 hr.

Work for summer job, work 4-ever or work for a year.

R2R behind Pappas BBQ (use to be Luthers) and also Warehouse on Pruitt rd, (Rayford Sawdust ex)


281-292-0443

If I am not there, leave your name and number and I will call you back.


Thanks for your help :0)

Viking Granny!!!! said...

first!

Wow......didn't even try too hard.

Anonymous said...

Where is everyone this fine morning?

jess said...

james
you're awesome... that was the Bob reference I was thinking of.
Jewel- I wrote you back.

okay time to go do a few things .