continuing the posts from downstairs...MAMA PC...the party was awesome! I love your kids so much...your whole family for that matter! Peg looked JUST LIKE a tall Han. Han...in turn...looked JUST LIKE a shrunken Jpeg...and lindsey made a wonderful Christmas type elfey thing. The part was a blast. We talked to Han and J like they were who they were dressed as. It was grand. VERY funny. Hannah was dancing all goofy like J does..and J said "Jay....you're such a dork"....much laughter...oh gosh.
Point is...I have to give you big praise for the job that you and your husband did raising those children. They are probably my favorite people in the world.
Jennifer...who are you? I don't know that I know you...but I don't know that I don't...jennifer who? AH!! CONFUSERY!!
can't wait to see more pictures...of the party.....i got some of my kids, but now my computer program to download them is acting up....... need nerd help...
toeb did fine... he took his first bottle and although he was very suspicious, once he tasted it, Eva said he drank the whole 4 or 5 ounces He stil told me he was still starving as soon as I came home....
about P&P..... what was I thinking?? i really don't have time to watch a movie this week anyway.......
one more week til this TRIBE presentation is over..... it's been fun working with the TRIBE....... i love them..... and they are having a good time, it seems...
we are having SOUND DIFFICULTIES... the band puts out so much music that the VOICES can't hear themselves......but, with group miking - you can't have monitors of their voices.....so, the singers are in a strange environment...... i didn't remember that this is a problem with groups singing..... john did.... he is a bit over-whelmed in trying to get a good sound in the audience while at the same time directing all the musicians adn singers...
can you ask richy if he has any advice and/or could come to our rehearsal next Sat between 1 -5 for a period so that he can help us get as much group vocals in the house as possible???
and, i'm singing alto - in the group, since there aren't very many altos... and we need all of us we can get..... plus, we can't hear ourselves, so each one helps!
We have approx 20 in the "choir"...
anyway, keep praying for mechanics - the main problems we are having is
1) miking the VOICES 2) voices learning the parts better (we have an extra rehearsal scheduled for voices Fri at 1) 3) message between songs...
THE LORD REIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and we want to be obedient, willing, serving friends of HIS...
aren't those little metal blunt needles interesting??? several years ago, when so many in healthcare were being "STUCK" unintentionally by needles, they developed a way to use these blunt needles.....
now, the only time we actually use sharp pointy needles is just for shots INTO the body...... but, for injections into iv line, for iv meds, we don't use sharp pointy ones.....but, little plastic ones.....so that it cuts back on risk of needle-sticks...
so, you're taking advantage of modern healthcare marvels......
the blunt FILL NEEDLE...
there are some that are called blunt FILTER FILL NEEDLES that always cause me problems when I'm drawing up IV meds..... when you draw up a liquid through a filter needle, it makes the most liquids FOAM up.......so, then you have to wait forever to subsequently inject it into an IV device...
NURSING is so interesting. If you know of anyone interested in healthcare.....this is the way to go...... There are so many little doomaflaggits and doohickies and whatchamacallits to work with.....and rules and ways to do things, but creativity can also be used to make outcomes best for the individual patient or circumstance.... I love taking care of people..... and I love comforting them and/or distracting them/ and/or entertaining them and/or praying with/for them as I do my practical nurse-work..... my new place to work (preparing folks for surgery) has been a wonderful environment for me....
VERY INTERESTING and FULFILLING role...
WE NEED MORE NURSES OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS as the biggest crop of nurses will retire in that same number of years, exactly as the large group of baby-boomers reach retirement age..... in order to be able to adequately care for this big group of elders, we NEED (as a society) more well-trained nurses who have a heart for the people....... CHRISTIANS arise for this big opportunity!!!
Ok, I'm done recruiting.... if you a ll know of anyone needing direction and are fine, quality, intelligent, caring folks (guys or gals) send them our way!!!
Toby and R2 were wonderful. Richy ate his supper and sang songs with Bedste and watched a little spiderman. Tobias did not know what that thing was that Bedste kept sticking in his mouth. YUK.
Then Bedste squirted a little on his tongue. Toby gave it a shot and decided it was alright....but nothing like the real thing.
He gobbled up 1.5 oz and burped and then slowly ate the remander.
Afterwards he sat in his swing and looked around, content for a good 20 minutes. He is such a good baby.
Bedste got lots of cute pics.
Toby did not want to sit on Richys lap for a picture though. He decided that, that was a little too many shots for one night, and mom and dad were on her way home anyway, so we should just give up on the brotherly love pose, so we did.
stinkers are just real people who need understanding and acceptance......
i've learned that when i run into a RUDE person - that in all actuality - that person needs my love and kindness more than any other ones in the room...
i've seen some rude nurses - some need to go ahead and get a new life.....but, they can't..... so, i just reach out in love to them...past their porcupine spines.....and sometimes get stuck by them...... but, after a bit of time, they begin to soften..... in all avenues of life..... i have found that the most hurtful people have really experienced a lot of pain and taken it inward and now are hurting themselves and others.....when all they need is healing.....
it's amazing what a bit of kindness toward a bear will do.....
i know you know that..... i'm just commenting in the air..... always surprized when a mean person actually turns and becomes an ally or friend after just a few kind attempts of relationship......
the first thing you want to do is REJECT them....... but, that's the enemy's plan..... so, operate in the opposite spirit...
if someone hates you, love them if someone rejects you, accept them if someone runs from you, pursue if someone verbally lashes out, speak kindness if someone strikes out at you, stay there and seek relationship.....
(of course there are boundaries...) but it's fun to watch how these situations turn around...
one more note (no snickering servant - who says i never end when i say i will...)
the meanest patients that i run into are actually the most frightened...... so, even though they are rude and mean to me.... i don't let that hurt me...... i just realize that they are scared and dealing with death and fear and loss......and comfort them/reassure them/talk with them/joke with them/smile/touch.....and before you know it...... they are putty......and smiling a bit.....
i've learned to pray in the spirit......and touch them on the shoulder as i'm talking/working with them......
MPC- The Monopoly games didn’t get finished. Servant, Me, and some computer players played for about an hour, but we didn’t like the computer players. Then Shannon was interested in playing, so Servant, Shannon, and I started a new game. Then after about an hour and a half, Jeremy called saying he wanted to play, so we were going to start over with him in it.
At the point the three of us stopped, I had hotels on one monopoly and some houses on Park Place & Boardwalk. The other two poor people were hurting a bit. Shannon had a monopoly, but no money to buy houses (she actually already had to mortgage twice to pay me debts). Servant had all railroads and misc. properties, but was doing pretty good on cash.
We tried to do the games with all four of us, with Jeremy at his home (players at 3 computers), but we had some connection issues and it never got started. I did some online research about the connection issues, because it wasn’t just a “connection” issue, and I think I figured it out. We’re going to see if we can get connected three way sometime today.
We have a big game with Jere, Mere, Servant, Clam, Shannon, and me planned for Wednesday (IF baby isn’t here).
harvey - papa jc had a crown replaced a year or so ago, on his front tooth, then last Tuesday, it came off!!!so, he went to dentist and they glued it back on. Then, Friday at 4:30, it came off again! No dentists available on Friday afternoon - and since no pain, no one wanted to do anything about it over the weekend..... so, he had bought any and everything available otc - to glue it back in, but nothing is working...so, he is now snaggle-tooth.....
friday he was worried that he wouldn't be able to lead worship Sunday or work with the TRIBE singers Saturday - that if he glued it back in...it might just blow back out by the force of his voice OR heaven-forbid - he might swallow the expensive thing......! he was also afraid that it might break off and he might chew it up while eating, so Friday was a pretty bad night for him...... by Sat 1 p.m. - he was toothless and grinning - and just bearing it......
it's weird to have a front tooth out....... but, he's dealing with it.......
thankfully we have dental insurance....... but they'll have to do something major to build up the crown.....or put a post in it...... so it may cost more than the insurance may cover - hope not.....
natron is the blonde guy who often plays bass or percussion/drums on sun a.m.s, and leads worship on fri nights at RG... i didn't see him dancing this morning.....but i would think he is able to cut a rug.....
vkgranny - just wanted you noticed how lovely i thought you looked this morning! and you had the most beautiful young lady standing/sitting next to you as well..... you do pick out the most awesome d.i.l.'s.........
I suppose technically you get lsat because you're in before midnight...BUT! I get the big frist! I guess...i'm just a night owl. So...I'm claiming one of them! If I don't get lsat then I get frist...because....I get one of them...or should I just get a life? IT would probably be more useful...
i haven't been around for a couple of days because i've been using my computer time to work on something.
there are these kids that come into denny's all the time and see me on friday nights. and they myspace. so i've been working on dressing up my myspace because they want to see it.
i think this is a really great opportunity to try to get into their lives. and i really want to. the Lord has given me favor wth them. so i've been spending as much time as i can on it, but i don't really know what i'm doing.
anyway, i'll be back here soon. pray for my myspace. weird request i know, but......
and if you haven't already, do an audio post on servant's blog---and listen to the others....it's pretty funny
We are starting our last week of school today. If we can stick with it everyday, we will be through and I will be able to concentrate on other things until next year starts up. Yippee!!!!
We started school in June last year, so we have been doing school for a L O N G time. It is time to get out for awhile.
Steve thought that a Wednesday night would be good. We just need to make the plans and then just do it.
It probably would be better without the kids, but I would have to talk Steve into finding a babysitter.
Also, I messed up my left shoulder, so, I don't know if we should wait until it gets better. I am right-handed, but I'm sure bowling uses both arms somehow.
Let me warn you, my bowling is only good for laughs. I get alot of gutter balls. It strips me of all athletic pride.
I know that you are an excellent "One-handed" bowler., but I am a weakling. If I bowl above a 60, I am having a good game. And my good shoulder starts hurting after 1-2 games.
I did not mean that I need two arms to play, I meant that in moving, you sometimes use muscles that you are not trying to use. The times that I have hurt my arm the most is when I am not even moving that arm, but the muscles around the shoulder tighten up or spasm.
You know sympathy contraction of the muscles. You use your one arm, but the muscles in the other arm contract to compensate. The only reason I bowl is for the fellowship and watching the others enjoy bowling. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I do not have fun, I am saying that I get my fun in trying to bowl and watching everyone else do good and enjoy themselves.
Plus, if Terri and Richard and Beth and James come, we are bound to have more than our share of great fellowship.
50 comments:
who were you all dressed up as???
Kip, Napoleon and Deb from Napoleon Dynamite...I WAS A PIRATE/6'3" HOBBIT!
continuing the posts from downstairs...MAMA PC...the party was awesome! I love your kids so much...your whole family for that matter! Peg looked JUST LIKE a tall Han. Han...in turn...looked JUST LIKE a shrunken Jpeg...and lindsey made a wonderful Christmas type elfey thing. The part was a blast. We talked to Han and J like they were who they were dressed as. It was grand. VERY funny. Hannah was dancing all goofy like J does..and J said "Jay....you're such a dork"....much laughter...oh gosh.
Point is...I have to give you big praise for the job that you and your husband did raising those children. They are probably my favorite people in the world.
Jennifer...who are you? I don't know that I know you...but I don't know that I don't...jennifer who? AH!! CONFUSERY!!
oh yez.... I have more pix I will put up today or tomorrow
MPC: P&P belongs to Chris and Nat.. I think there is a line to watch it but I will give them the word.
good mernin', jess d.
natron - thanks
jess - how did toeB handle separation? and you???
can't wait to see more pictures...of the party.....i got some of my kids, but now my computer program to download them is acting up....... need nerd help...
toeb did fine... he took his first bottle and although he was very suspicious, once he tasted it, Eva said he drank the whole 4 or 5 ounces
He stil told me he was still starving as soon as I came home....
i can just imagine his little expressions of suspicion......
huh?? er, hmmm. huh? well... okay, i'll try it...... uh... hmmm... smack smack smack
did those little medicine drawer-uppers work for you? did you get them? from the mailbox???
yep... I'm using the needles... I feel so nurse-ish and empowered
about P&P..... what was I thinking?? i really don't have time to watch a movie this week anyway.......
one more week til this TRIBE presentation is over..... it's been fun working with the TRIBE....... i love them..... and they are having a good time, it seems...
we are having SOUND DIFFICULTIES... the band puts out so much music that the VOICES can't hear themselves......but, with group miking - you can't have monitors of their voices.....so, the singers are in a strange environment...... i didn't remember that this is a problem with groups singing..... john did.... he is a bit over-whelmed in trying to get a good sound in the audience while at the same time directing all the musicians adn singers...
can you ask richy if he has any advice and/or could come to our rehearsal next Sat between 1 -5 for a period so that he can help us get as much group vocals in the house as possible???
and, i'm singing alto - in the group, since there aren't very many altos... and we need all of us we can get..... plus, we can't hear ourselves, so each one helps!
We have approx 20 in the "choir"...
anyway, keep praying for mechanics - the main problems we are having is
1) miking the VOICES
2) voices learning the parts better (we have an extra rehearsal scheduled for voices Fri at 1)
3) message between songs...
THE LORD REIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and we want to be obedient, willing, serving friends of HIS...
aren't those little metal blunt needles interesting??? several years ago, when so many in healthcare were being "STUCK" unintentionally by needles, they developed a way to use these blunt needles.....
now, the only time we actually use sharp pointy needles is just for shots INTO the body...... but, for injections into iv line, for iv meds, we don't use sharp pointy ones.....but, little plastic ones.....so that it cuts back on risk of needle-sticks...
I did poke myself yesterday, but no puncture.
OH and I dropped a knife and it hit my foot. That has been a nightmare of mine and now it happened.
Didn't cut me though
so, you're taking advantage of modern healthcare marvels......
the blunt FILL NEEDLE...
there are some that are called blunt FILTER FILL NEEDLES that always cause me problems when I'm drawing up IV meds..... when you draw up a liquid through a filter needle, it makes the most liquids FOAM up.......so, then you have to wait forever to subsequently inject it into an IV device...
NURSING is so interesting. If you know of anyone interested in healthcare.....this is the way to go...... There are so many little doomaflaggits and doohickies and whatchamacallits to work with.....and rules and ways to do things, but creativity can also be used to make outcomes best for the individual patient or circumstance.... I love taking care of people..... and I love comforting them and/or distracting them/ and/or entertaining them and/or praying with/for them as I do my practical nurse-work..... my new place to work (preparing folks for surgery) has been a wonderful environment for me....
VERY INTERESTING and FULFILLING role...
WE NEED MORE NURSES OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS as the biggest crop of nurses will retire in that same number of years, exactly as the large group of baby-boomers reach retirement age..... in order to be able to adequately care for this big group of elders, we NEED (as a society) more well-trained nurses who have a heart for the people....... CHRISTIANS arise for this big opportunity!!!
Ok, I'm done recruiting.... if you a ll know of anyone needing direction and are fine, quality, intelligent, caring folks (guys or gals) send them our way!!!
NEED-MORE-NURSES.crouse@you'll.find.your.calling.com
ok, better get ready for "SUNDAY-GO-TO-MEETIN" as they said in those historical fiction novels you and i have read.....
I have had some great nurses the last few years.. only a couple stinkers. Mostly so NICE and reassuring and helpful
I would pass out cold the first time I tried to stick someone
i'm glad you didn't poke your foot...... knives are scary!!!
hannah says just a moment ago...
"You're already on there this morning???"
I got a bit defensive, then she explained that she didn't think anyone else would be on this early.......
little does she know...
(She's the mama of this house now...)
8-) (-8
Toby and R2 were wonderful. Richy ate his supper and sang songs with Bedste and watched a little spiderman. Tobias did not know what that thing was that Bedste kept sticking in his mouth. YUK.
Then Bedste squirted a little on his tongue. Toby gave it a shot and decided it was alright....but nothing like the real thing.
He gobbled up 1.5 oz and burped and then slowly ate the remander.
Afterwards he sat in his swing and looked around, content for a good 20 minutes. He is such a good baby.
Bedste got lots of cute pics.
Toby did not want to sit on Richys lap for a picture though. He decided that, that was a little too many shots for one night, and mom and dad were on her way home anyway, so we should just give up on the brotherly love pose, so we did.
stinkers are just real people who need understanding and acceptance......
i've learned that when i run into a RUDE person - that in all actuality - that person needs my love and kindness more than any other ones in the room...
i've seen some rude nurses - some need to go ahead and get a new life.....but, they can't..... so, i just reach out in love to them...past their porcupine spines.....and sometimes get stuck by them...... but, after a bit of time, they begin to soften..... in all avenues of life..... i have found that the most hurtful people have really experienced a lot of pain and taken it inward and now are hurting themselves and others.....when all they need is healing.....
it's amazing what a bit of kindness toward a bear will do.....
i know you know that..... i'm just commenting in the air..... always surprized when a mean person actually turns and becomes an ally or friend after just a few kind attempts of relationship......
the first thing you want to do is REJECT them....... but, that's the enemy's plan..... so, operate in the opposite spirit...
if someone hates you, love them
if someone rejects you, accept them
if someone runs from you, pursue
if someone verbally lashes out, speak kindness
if someone strikes out at you, stay there and seek relationship.....
(of course there are boundaries...)
but it's fun to watch how these situations turn around...
ok......the bathtub flows over...
gotta scat...
one more note (no snickering servant - who says i never end when i say i will...)
the meanest patients that i run into are actually the most frightened...... so, even though they are rude and mean to me.... i don't let that hurt me...... i just realize that they are scared and dealing with death and fear and loss......and comfort them/reassure them/talk with them/joke with them/smile/touch.....and before you know it...... they are putty......and smiling a bit.....
i've learned to pray in the spirit......and touch them on the shoulder as i'm talking/working with them......
they melt in God's presence.......
(and in mine.....)
ok...... hannah's watching
tee hee
haha...Mom Hannah...thats funny how it seems real...it just works in my mind.
I love those pictures.
I wish you had a video of Kip dancing.
there was video going on while Kip was dancing... Natalie's camera
hey James
I can't get into your audio blog... the guy is saying login failed
serve clam
i wondered what happened to you this morning...... missed you greatly.....
sivad, how's your little hannah grandbaby? is her fever gone? did she break out in a rash yet?
praying for her
nap time for me and my toothless man...
Servant- Jere and I are trying to call you to try the three way game connection. The phone is ringing and no answer. You home?
Berry! I like gravy too...I haven't had a home cooked meal in eons...
MPC- The Monopoly games didn’t get finished. Servant, Me, and some computer players played for about an hour, but we didn’t like the computer players. Then Shannon was interested in playing, so Servant, Shannon, and I started a new game. Then after about an hour and a half, Jeremy called saying he wanted to play, so we were going to start over with him in it.
At the point the three of us stopped, I had hotels on one monopoly and some houses on Park Place & Boardwalk. The other two poor people were hurting a bit. Shannon had a monopoly, but no money to buy houses (she actually already had to mortgage twice to pay me debts). Servant had all railroads and misc. properties, but was doing pretty good on cash.
We tried to do the games with all four of us, with Jeremy at his home (players at 3 computers), but we had some connection issues and it never got started. I did some online research about the connection issues, because it wasn’t just a “connection” issue, and I think I figured it out. We’re going to see if we can get connected three way sometime today.
We have a big game with Jere, Mere, Servant, Clam, Shannon, and me planned for Wednesday (IF baby isn’t here).
Jess- Those pictures are great. Sounds like a lot of fun.
I am confused........
vkg, what you corn-fused about?
harvey - papa jc had a crown replaced a year or so ago, on his front tooth, then last Tuesday, it came off!!!so, he went to dentist and they glued it back on. Then, Friday at 4:30, it came off again! No dentists available on Friday afternoon - and since no pain, no one wanted to do anything about it over the weekend..... so, he had bought any and everything available otc - to glue it back in, but nothing is working...so, he is now snaggle-tooth.....
friday he was worried that he wouldn't be able to lead worship Sunday or work with the TRIBE singers Saturday - that if he glued it back in...it might just blow back out by the force of his voice OR heaven-forbid - he might swallow the expensive thing......! he was also afraid that it might break off and he might chew it up while eating, so Friday was a pretty bad night for him...... by Sat 1 p.m. - he was toothless and grinning - and just bearing it......
it's weird to have a front tooth out....... but, he's dealing with it.......
thankfully we have dental insurance....... but they'll have to do something major to build up the crown.....or put a post in it...... so it may cost more than the insurance may cover - hope not.....
I am not sure now what I was confused about.....
O yea....not sure who Naytron is.
Thats it....
Confused.....
servant??? how's the project going???
I know Naytron is Nathon, but I am not sure who Nathon is......was Nathon dancing during worship?
natron is the blonde guy who often plays bass or percussion/drums on sun a.m.s, and leads worship on fri nights at RG... i didn't see him dancing this morning.....but i would think he is able to cut a rug.....
i'm talkin' about the medallion project.....
i'm thinking of clammy right now......
and the past one hour.....
how are you clammy???
vkgranny - just wanted you noticed how lovely i thought you looked this morning! and you had the most beautiful young lady standing/sitting next to you as well..... you do pick out the most awesome d.i.l.'s.........
Thank yoooo Mama.......pc
I do pick out the cream of the crop as far as DILs go..they are all fantastic and gorgeous and made from fine stock.
Everyone of them are actual blue bloods....did you know that?
Who was the guy Dancing this morning in front?
Jess has once again enlightened me.
i think i got it now.
NITE all...
You claim lsat so early. . ha!!
Hey Hotrod- Replied to your e-mail.
Thanks for wanting to contribute to the blog, it should be really cool!
I suppose technically you get lsat because you're in before midnight...BUT! I get the big frist! I guess...i'm just a night owl. So...I'm claiming one of them! If I don't get lsat then I get frist...because....I get one of them...or should I just get a life? IT would probably be more useful...
hi all
it's me
i haven't been around for a couple of days because i've been using my computer time to work on something.
there are these kids that come into denny's all the time and see me on friday nights. and they myspace. so i've been working on dressing up my myspace because they want to see it.
i think this is a really great opportunity to try to get into their lives. and i really want to. the Lord has given me favor wth them. so i've been spending as much time as i can on it, but i don't really know what i'm doing.
anyway, i'll be back here soon. pray for my myspace. weird request i know, but......
and if you haven't already, do an audio post on servant's blog---and listen to the others....it's pretty funny
ok, now back to the regular programming
8)
Good Morning Harvey,
We are starting our last week of school today. If we can stick with it everyday, we will be through and I will be able to concentrate on other things until next year starts up. Yippee!!!!
We started school in June last year, so we have been doing school for a L O N G time. It is time to get out for awhile.
Cookieman,
Steve thought that a Wednesday night would be good. We just need to make the plans and then just do it.
It probably would be better without the kids, but I would have to talk Steve into finding a babysitter.
Also, I messed up my left shoulder, so, I don't know if we should wait until it gets better. I am right-handed, but I'm sure bowling uses both arms somehow.
Let me warn you, my bowling is only good for laughs. I get alot of gutter balls. It strips me of all athletic pride.
Harvey,
I know that you are an excellent "One-handed" bowler., but I am a weakling. If I bowl above a 60, I am having a good game. And my good shoulder starts hurting after 1-2 games.
I did not mean that I need two arms to play, I meant that in moving, you sometimes use muscles that you are not trying to use. The times that I have hurt my arm the most is when I am not even moving that arm, but the muscles around the shoulder tighten up or spasm.
You know sympathy contraction of the muscles. You use your one arm, but the muscles in the other arm contract to compensate. The only reason I bowl is for the fellowship and watching the others enjoy bowling. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that I do not have fun, I am saying that I get my fun in trying to bowl and watching everyone else do good and enjoy themselves.
Plus, if Terri and Richard and Beth and James come, we are bound to have more than our share of great fellowship.
I know who Jacov is... powers of deduction....
Post a Comment